Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Getting closer!

We have been approved by USCIS and have our visa interview Thursday at 2p. We have known we were approved since Monday, but because we live overseas, we have been trying to sort out which visa to enter the US with. We have chosen a path and we will see where that takes us. The most important thing is the ability to get US passports while in the States to re-enter Hong Kong. So, that is the goal.

If all goes well with visa issuance, we should be out of here Friday night (Hanoi time) and in Houston by 6am Saturday. 3.5 weeks in Hanoi!! It's going to be a long haul, but we will get there some way or another. For those of you wondering, Wit is going to see me to LA and then turnaround on the next flight back to HK. What a great dad!!

I will be in Texas for a week or maybe two visiting family and getting passports and then we are off again to see Wit's parents before heading back to Hong Kong.
~~~~~~~
As for the girls...they are doing well. We had a great day today. Audrey is finally playing a bit on her own and didn't need me to hold her every second of the day. We'll see how that goes tomorrow. Quynh actually took a 1-hour nap instead of her 30-minute regulars and boy, did she wake up a happy girl!

As for night sleep, I guess bad habits are hard to break. I am going to ride out whatever sleep patterns they have right now until I get back to HK and then we will start the intervention!

Audrey did go swimming the other day too...it was about the same as Quynh's experience. Pretty flat -- no thrills, no cries, just neutral. Baths are getting a bit better though. I will post a few new pics tonight.

6 comments:

K & J said...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear of your USCIS approval. I didn't realize that your 3.5 weeks in Hanoi was only half of your trip. I hope the girls will be good travelers.

Kristen

Anonymous said...

In Texas for a couple of weeks? I see lots of Mexican food in your future!!

Congratulations on getting USCIS approval and good luck on your travels through the States.

Mrs.B said...

Wow, you are on a wild ride! what an adventure. I am excitied for you to get a chance to visit with your families before heading back to HongKong.Congrats on USCIS approval. YOu know we hope to be haeding to VN mid July so I will probbaly be asking for more advive!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo.

stollmyheart said...

Getting closer! Exciting! I can't even imagine the mess with having the visa issues...I hope it all goes smoothly! Glad the girls are doing well!

Mrs.B said...

It's still Wed. here in the US but I know it is Thursday there and I wanted to wish you good luck with the USCIS interveiw.