Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sleep Update

Ask for advice and you get it -- thanks for all the helpful pointers. So here's what I changed yesterday and how it worked.

First, forget the pacifier ideas, neither of them are interested at all! Which is good and bad! I won't be chasing the things around, but it would be nice if something else soothed them like a bottle. I keep trying, but to no avail.

Yesterday was a long day, so probably not the best starting day. I took Jenn's advice first (since she is the mother of twins!) and decided to put them down after a bottle at around 4:30ish for a nap. They slept until about 5:30ish and then we played for a bit before starting dinner. Dinner is a messy event, but they seemed to like it last night. They are on the same schedule, just one follows 20 minutes behind the other. This lets me feed one, while the other is fine playing. I turned the lights down low and got them pretty drowsy before putting them down. They fussed (not even cried, really) for about 10 minutes and then were out around 7ish.

Audrey woke at 10p and was hungry, because she wouldn't take a bottle before bed. Quynh still woke at 1am on the dot and wanted a bottle, which was fine. I usually just go ahead and feed Audrey at that time too, even though she isn't awake. The good thing is that one doesn't wake the other. Just because one cries out, the other usually is unaffected.

Today they ate their breakfast meal earlier (since they are up around 5am), so I will also add a lunch meal today.

My conclusion so far is that they might actually be hungry. Quynh is so active during the day that I think she is burning everything off, plus she needs the extra calories. Audrey takes less bottle, but eats more of the solids.

Everything is one big experiment as my friend Marilu says. Things will work themselves out, but in the meantime, I am ready to get home and stop ordering in!

No comments: