Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Pics and Updates

Thanks for all the nice comments and emails! We love reading them.

I just posted some pics from the ceremony day and in the process of adding some we took today. They officially smell like baby lotion now after their baths.

We have our first visa interview appointment on Friday, so that has been our good news. I actually thought with Memorial Day this week that we wouldn't be able to get in, but we did. I went to apply for passports this morning which was a pretty funny experience. A lot of stares, which I am ok with. But the pointing and talking and staring all at once was pretty funny. Then, I go up to the window where everyone is crowding around trying to get their number processed when all of a sudden some kind of argument broke out between a guy behind me and the lady behind the window. I am in the middle, but taller than him so he is basically yelling at my neck. I almost decided to move, but then didn't want to lose my place, so I held strong. We can pick up the passports next week.

Wit will post in a little bit about his funny experiences during his visit to the province a little bit later.

We did venture out tonight and actually went to a restaurant. No problems other than the waitresses kept whisking them away from sight. Literally, they were serving other people while holding them. It was pretty funny.

More soon!

7 comments:

Genny said...

God Bless you all. The girls are beyond precious and you both look like real "pros". Hope all is going well and that we will see you soon on American soil. I keep up through your mom and want you to know that we will continue to pray for a speedy process so that I can get my hands on all of you. All our love and joy from my heart to yours, Ru

Mrs.B said...

Brandi and Wit,
Your babies are amazing! I love all the smiles, they look so happy.

stollmyheart said...

Seriously Brandi...they are so ridiculously cute! AHHH. I just want to gobble them up!

Dawn said...

I was able to view the pictures from home. They are absolutely adorable!! You are a very brave woman IMO to be there solo, much less than with twins!! I guess you are just more worldly than me. :-)

Mama Jim said...

My precious children and granddaughters...seems that everyone has found a comfort zone and gotten into a routine of sorts. What wonderful pictures of those precious babies and the two of you seem to have slid right into the "parent mode". We are waiting patiently to hear when we are to pick you up at the airport, can't wait to gobble them up and give you all a much needed rest. Our cup runneth over...all our love, mom & dad (aka mj & pj)

Unknown said...

they are sooo cute!!!

Elise said...

The pictures are priceless! I'm so glad you got to go to the orphanage! Looks like you are having a great time...the waitresses taking the babies looks all too familiar! Ha!! Hope you are getting some rest and that everything at the embassy goes well!