Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We have 2 babies!!

That's right, Monday afternoon, we had our ceremony. Three long hours in a hot room with 2 babes to manage was definitely an interesting experience, to say the least! I'll post more about it when I have time.

We had one minor setback, but doesn't seem to be severe. Wit had to fly back to Hanoi today to go sign the books. They didn't like the Power of Attorney we had done and it was just easier to have Wit fly back. I am definitely thankful!

We had a good first night, despite getting back at 10:30pm. I think I slept less than everyone. Audrey is a dreamer and she flails. She kept whacking Quynh and waking her up, so I had to separate them from the same crib. So, Audrey slept in my bed. Not sure what we are going to do tonight since Wit will be here.

Quynh is the mover and shaker. She is scooting across the room. She so wants to crawl, but can't quite figure it out. Audrey likes to sleep. She throws her arms back and spreads her legs and is out cold. Neither one are eating very much at all, but that is expected. I will post some pics soon.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!

jenn said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats to you two.

That sounds so much like my two. I am guessing and it's my experience that she might want to be swaddled. I did that with my Aubrey and she stopped with the arms flailing and all. Tried seperating them first, but they didn't sleep well apart from each other.

So happy for you guys!

Mama Jim said...

Hal-le-loopa!!! It's finally a reality...what a blessing. It was so good to hear their precious little voices last night when you called...the coos and gurgles were too sweet. Can't wait to see and hold them. We are so blessed and continue to be blessed with this wonderful experience. Smother them with kisses and we'll see you "all" soon. All our love, mom & dad (aka mj & pj)

Elise said...

Yay!!! Congrats! I am thrilled for you guys. I know you're going to have a lot of fun.

Ryan said...

Congrats!!!

That's so awesome!

I'm really happy for you two! I can't wait to see them.

I'll spread the good news to KC folk.

stollmyheart said...

Oh, I'm SOOOO HAPPY for you! I can't wait to check out the photos! Congrats and I look forward to hearing more!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Wit and Brandi...
I am SO happy for the both of you that you have 2 beautiful baby girls. Congratulations! With love, Lisa Jackson

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW ADDITIONS TO THE SOLBERG CLAN. WOOHOOOO!!!!

Unknown said...

Yippee!!!
I am so happy for you guys!
Congrats!

Jo said...

YEAH!!!!!! Great news.

Bob said...

Hooray!!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Brandi and Wit! Riley can't wait to meet her new little friends! When do you return to HK?

Love,
Liz, Tim and Riley Donahue

Dawn said...

CONGRATS ~ That is fantastic!

I would love to see pictures.